There are more exiting things you can do now with CC2650 SensorTag 2
Recently TI have introduced 3 new DevPacks you can purchase to make more interesting projects with SensorTag 2
SensorTag 2 is CC2650 based DevPack boasting 10 sensors, low power MCU and 3 Different connectivity options.
Read more details on SensrTag 2 here – http://mobilemodding.info/2015/04/new-sensortag-2-from-ti-description-and-close-up-photos/
SensorTag 2 Watch DevPack:
Fist and most interesting to me is Watch Devpack. It comes as add on board to the SensorTag 2. Essentially this is just a display unit driven by MCU, doesn’t not have any electronic on except display.
- Sharp LS013B4DN04 Memory LCD
- 1.3-inch screen offering 96 x 96 pixels
- Ultra-low power consumption
- Provides excellent viewing angles and high contrast images or text
- Display is controlled serially using SPI
LED Audio DevPack:
It comes as add-on board to the Sensor Tag 2. But requires an LED lens from Osram, which doesn’t comes in a package.
- 4 high-power multi-color LEDs (lens not included)
- 4W audio amplifier ( What-aaa? )
- Micro-USB powered
- For home automation and smart lighting applications
This is probably is the most useful and practical DevPack. It comes as-add on board to the Sensor Tag 2, and connect to PC via USB2
- Adds debug capability to your SensorTag
- Includes a free license of Code Composer Studio™
- Includes pads for three Grove connectors
- Micro-USB powered
These new DevPack can be purchased directly from TI or Distributors.
Stay tuned for coming review and projects based on 3 new DevPack from TI.
Note: Canadian customers beware, LED Audio DevPack and Watch DevPack will be shipped from Netherlands via DHL, which will rip you off on duties. I paid 22$ extra on each 19$ DevPack becasue they send each of them individually. I believe TI should rethink shipping company they use as DHL usually rips customers off. I already called TI about this issue. I will post an update if will be something to report.
High Resolution Photos: