When puck is much smarter then you may think… Sensor Puck !
Lets look at development module featuring environmental and biometric sensors with Bluetooth 4 LE from Silicon Labs.
Silicon Labs released their Development module to feature biometric sensor SI1147, it conveniently packaged with powerful low energy MCU EFM32, Bluetooth 4LE and Temperature/Humidity sensors ( Environmental ). Bluetooth LE gives us a convenience of easy of connecting it to the modern smartphone, iOS and Android software provided by Silicon Labs.
- Si1147 – Ultraviolet (UV) Index, Gesture, Proximity and Ambient Light Sensor IC – Documentation
- Si7021 – 3% I2C Relative Humidity and Temperature Sensor – Documentation
- TS3310 – low power TS3310 boost switching regulator – Documentation
- EFM32G – low power EFM32™ ARM® Cortex®-M based 32-bit MCUs – G210F128 – Documentation
- Broadcom Bluetooth 4LE SoC BCM20732 – Documentation
- 3V CR3220 battery
High Resolution images of Sensor Puck :
The coolest device here is by far Si1147! It apparently can go gesture recognition, I will definitely look into it. Not sure how complicated gestures it can detect, from what I read on Silicon Labs website at very minimum it can do Left – Right, Up – Down, which is already pretty cool for such tiny device !
In general I really like this Sensor Puck will definitely install Silicon Labs software called Simplicity Studio and will play with sensor and see what can I do with the software, software seems to be a bit simplistic, not full features IDE, but I guess this is design as a Demo mostly.
Edit: Nope it contains full featured Elipse IDE ! Very good 🙂
Software can be downloaded here – http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/Pages/simplicity-studio.aspx