Yet another Sensor Tag – Bluetooth Smart Sensor Tag!
Here is another Sensor packed Bluetooth Smart Sensor Tag evaluation/development kit from Broadcom !
Sensor Tag Technical Specifications:
- Includes multiple low-power MEMS sensors (
gyroscope – L3GD20 , Documentation
accelerometer – LIS3DSH (MEMS digital output motion sensor: ultra-low-power high-performance three-axis “nano” accelerometer) , Documentation
digital compass – LSM303D (Ultra-compact high-performance eCompass module: 3D accelerometer and 3D magnetometer) , Documentation
pressure – LPS25H , Documentation
humidity and temperature – HTS221 , Documentation
Bluetooth Smart radio – BCM20737S BLE SoC, Documentation
all powered by a single coin cell battery!
- No embedded software design knowledge or compiler required
- Bluetooth Smart connection covers distance of roughly 100 feet.
- Support for eight master/slave Bluetooth Smart devices.
- Built in support for iOS and Android including downloaded app
- Software support for iBeacon, wireless charging and NFC simplified pairing
- Single coin cell battery-based power
- On board buzzer
- Micro usb port
Schematic Files and Layout
Sensor Tag design files can be downloaded here – Design Files ( Schematic, PCB, BOM)
High Resolution Images of the PCB
Sensor Tag from Broadcom is very slick sensor packed Sensor Tag evaluation kit, unfortunately I cannot figure out where to get software and how to program this Sensor Kit, seems like it design only for demonstration purposed without any ability to tinker with it, this is a bit disappointing. I will continue my research but so far I don’t see anything available online.