What inside this little gimbal asking you?
This time we dissembled Hohem XG1. To see what it consist of and what hardware components are inside. Also it was very important to understand quality of construction and manufacturing.
Teardown and earlier unboxing videos
Here is the technical specification of the gimbal
- 3-Axis Pan / Tilt / Zoom Gimbal with 320 Degree Pan
- Universal 1/4″ thread in the bottom
- Plug and Play
- Compatible with Action Cameras GoPro HERO5, HERO4, Session, YI CAM, YI 4K, AEE, SJCam and cameras of a similar size.
- The maximum payload is 170g.
- App + Bluetooth Wireless Remote Control: 3 Axis Angle Parameter, 4 Direction Joystick, 3 Mode Change, Axis Follow Speed Change, Axis Angle Changed by 0.1°, Battery Level.
- 1.5 hours of battery life
- 12-Month Warranty service only for the item sold by Hohem. It’s important to calibrate the unit before use. ( Curious if you purchased this on Amazon or elsewhere, what then ? )
- Bluetooth: 4.0
- Built-in 900mAh lithium-ion battery.
- Working time: 1.5h
- Pitching Angle: 320°
- Rolling Angle: 320°
- Panning Angle: 320°
- Weight 233 g
Electronic components used in the Hohem XG1
High res photos of the electronics